04 March 2011

trash 2 treasure


A long time ago I stumbled upon the Sticks and Bricks blog and have been an avid follower ever since. This lady lives my dream. 
What I would give to be able to scour thrift stores all day for junk to turn to treasure...

Here she has used old discarded golf ball crates to create these industrial chic pendant lamps. So resourceful! 
 

To some this may look like just a bunch of crummy old bottles that need to be dumped in the recycling bin, pronto. 

To others, these are just a diamond in the rough waiting to be discovered! I love old bottles. Well, truth be told I love new bottles too. Needless to say this light fixture makes me smile. 


The re-purposing possibilities for antique crates is near endless. You can use them for magazine holders, turn them over to make a side table, make flower boxes for windows, or in this case you can even fashion them into a beautiful table top. Genius!

No comments :

Post a Comment