26 March 2011

Bedroom Makeover

Before






After






















My dear friends called me a few weeks ago to ask if I could help them spruce up their bedroom. Of course I jumped on the opportunity and had a lot of fun in the process! More than anything they really wanted nightstands, lamps, and color added to the room without spending more than $500. 

Luckily, I had a little money leftover after buying the necessities to spend on window treatments, art, bedding, paint, and toss pillows which really completed the room. They picked out a couple of art prints from Etsy to incorporate into the room. They were yellow typography prints which allowed me to build a color scheme. I wanted to add color to the room without making it feel too girly since newlyweds will be sharing the space. I decided to go with a palette consisting of mostly gray with pops of yellow added for accents. I realized that a little yellow definitely goes a long way!

Megan gave me a mirror that she had bought at a thrift store to incorporate into the room. It was originally gold so I decided it needed a little makeover as well. I spray painted it yellow to match the other accessories. I'm happy with how it turned out! 

They ended up loving the makeover which really made all the work worth wile! They were an absolute pleasure to work with and I'm so happy they loved it! I learned a lot while planning this design and I'm grateful for the opportunity. 

No comments :

Post a Comment