13 June 2011

My favorite accessory.

As far as home accessories go, I definitely have a favorite that stands out among the rest: THROW PILLOWS. They are perfect for adding color, texture, and pattern to a bland space. Also, they are affordable and can be easily replaced as trends go in and out of style. So if you're debating on buying that bright yellow floral print sofa (for example), a throw pillow might be a good compromise. At the moment I'm particularly fond of tribal and chevron prints for accent pillows.


Notice this room is mostly white however it feels really colorful thanks to the various throw pillows on the sofa. They make such an impact! 



Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns and colors! There are no rules to using throw pillows. Have fun with it! 


Throw pillows are a great way to bring your unique personality into your home! 
 

Get the look! 


 [Available at West Elm]



[Available at Dwell Studio]


 [Available at I.O. Metro]

2 comments :

  1. Love, love, love, love your blog. Colors are fabulous. Not normally my colors but it inspires freshness, clean, happiness. I am leaning towards decorating changes! Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that my blog has inspired you! :) Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete