17 May 2011

DIY Projects

As you may have noticed, the title of my blog has changed! I spent a considerable amount of time yesterday (and if I'm being honest, over the past several months) racking my brain for a catchy name for my business / blog. 'Ashley Williams Design' was just a little too generic. 
This is my last week of freedom until I start my full-time design job. I feel very, very blessed to have found a job in my field in this economy. After graduating in March I searched high and low for something related to interior design and though at times I certainly felt hopeless, all of the hard work has definitely paid off. All of that to say, today on my day off I have been looking at some wonderfully inspiring DIY photos for your own Vogue Abode. 


 Love this idea because I always find it so hard to throw away cute tea tins when they're empty. They work perfectly as candle holders. 
  
This is a great idea for a hallway. Hang keepsakes, photos, art, notes, postcards, etc. on matching clipboards to create an interesting gallery wall.

  
Framing wallpaper is a great idea. It creates an impactful piece of art for any room. 
 

I like this idea particularly well for a patio because I have TONS of mason jars that I have no idea what to do with. This would provide really fun lighting for a patio party. 
 

This is like candy to my eyes. It's a great idea for organizing an inspiration wall in your work space. 
 
  
This jewelry holder is definitely one of those 'Why didn't I think of that?' moments. 

DIY doesn't get any easier than finding a salvaged piece of wood to hang as a headboard. The result is shabby beauty! 
 
  
Yet another great idea for all of my unused mason jars. Oh organization, how I love thee.
 
Simple. Cute. Fun.

No comments :

Post a Comment