24 February 2011

DIY Plant Stands


There has been a lovely spout of unseasonably warm weather here in Georgia for the past week and a half. The temperature has been perfectly situated between the sixties and seventies. The best part about it being warm in February? Still no bugs! Anyway, all of this warm weather has inspired me to do some planting, gardening and playing outdoors. I have started an herb garden which will include mint, basil, oregano, rosemary, and cilantro. I only planted them a few days ago and several of them have already sprouted. Yay! 

Once I move them outdoors I have been trying to decide how I would like to display my little garden. So tonight I was perusing DIY plantstands and found these gems. 


How cute is this idea? Add a vintage tea set to a shabby plant stand and wah-la!

  
Old crates are a dime a dozen at antique stores. Why not hang them on the wall and make a vertical garden out of them? 


I have seen buckets like these at craft stores and even dollar stores. They come in all sorts of colors and patterns. This is a great idea for a kitchen window or a patio. 

It's hard to say, but this may be my favorite find. An old ladder has been re-purposed into the perfect plant stand.  



Love this idea to label your pots. A little chalkboard paint is all you need for this easy diy project. 


When space is hard to come by, a vertical garden is the solution. This stand has been created with a few pieces of wood, plant rings, and paint. 
Have an unused shoe organizer lying around? Re-purpose it into a great holder for a vertical herb garden. Way to recycle! 


So simple, but so cute! Happy gardening!



1 comment :