08 February 2012

latest project.

I met with a very sweet lady, Mary Beth, a few days ago to discuss her needs and wants for her family room, kitchen, and entry. She told me she would like a new sofa, tables, and accessories in her family room. She also requested that i bring in some color with my design. She loves bright blues, greens, and summery colors. lastly, she would just like to see an overall update. She wants to go from traditional to contemporary.  



Her mantel needed a little update. It goes from drab to fab with just a few quick changes! I added a gorgeous linen canvas and pulled out the pops of green with the accessories. The painting has the slightest touch of mustard yellow that really ties in the wall color as well.



With a family of five it's necessary to have an adequate amount of comfy seating. Her furniture consisted of chairs and a sofa in a country blue that had been handed down from a friend. I updated the seating with a super comfortable down filled sofa in a neutral color. The sofa is actually going to be in a corner configuration as pictured in the floorplan.

It will allow her whole family to watch tv together in one space. A coffee table and end table were added in a rustic finish to camouflage any scratches or dents added by use. I carried the accent color throughout the seating as well. By adding colorful toss pillows and accessories the room feels complete.


With small children it was necessary to have spill friendly seating in the kitchen. I went with leather dining chairs in a gorgeous shade of green. They can be easily wiped off and cleaned. She wasn't happy at all with her current lighting which gave off a garish glare so I updated it with a contemporary pendant. They glow softly when lit and have a really beautiful look.

My client originally had requested a bar area for her dining room. After measuring the room and creating a floorplan I quickly realized there wouldn't be enough walking space with a bar. I decided to be uncoventional and suggest putting a bar in the entry. With the closed storage it won't be obvious to visitors that it's a bar. I updated her current round traditional rug with a contemporary cowhide in a gorgeous olive green. It will add a lot of interest and make a big impression in the entry.

No comments :

Post a Comment